How to Have Eternal Life
1. EVERYONE IS A SINNER – The Bible says that “all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” (Rom. 3:23). It is true that some people have not sinned as much as others, but it is also true that “there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not” (Eccl. 7:20). Leading a near-perfect life is not good enough. “For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all” (Jam. 2:10).
2. THE PENALTY FOR SIN IS DEATH – “For the wages of sin is death” (Rom. 6:23). In the Bible, death is more than dying. It means “separation from God.” God warned Adam concerning the forbidden fruit: “In the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die” (Gen. 2:17). But after eating the forbidden fruit, Adam did not physically die. His heart kept beating, but guilt caused him to hide from God. He suffered separation from God. All those who die without Christ die the “second death” and are eternally separated from God in “the lake of fire” (Rev. 20:14-15).
3. NOBODY IS GOOD ENOUGH TO MEET THE REQUIREMENTS FOR HEAVEN – “And there shall in no wise enter into it (Heaven) any thing that defileth” (Rev. 21:27). The only way that we could earn the right to go to Heaven would be to lead a perfect life. If you have not led a perfect life, read on!
4. BECAUSE GOD LOVES SINNERS, HE OFFERS US SALVATION AS A GIFT – “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord” (Rom. 6:23). “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God” (Eph. 2:8). Salvation is a free gift and totally undeserved! All you need to do is repent of your self-sufficiency and receive it! Good works for salvation is Satan’s counterfeit for God’s grace.
5. YOU MUST PERSONALLY RECEIVE JESUS CHRIST – “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God” (John 1:12). The Bible makes it clear that not everyone is a child of God. Jesus said to those who did not trust Him, “Ye are of your father the devil” (John 8:44). The first birth does not make us children of God, but the second does. This is why Jesus said, “Ye must be born again” (John 3:7).
DEAR FRIEND, RECEIVE CHRIST RIGHT NOW. YOU CAN DO THAT AND BE SAVED TODAY!
Father, I believe that I am a sinner and totally undeserving of eternal life in heaven. Thank you for sending Your Son, the Lord Jesus Christ to die on the cross for my sin and that He rose from the dead. I receive Your gift today and trust You to make me part of Your family, giving me eternal life. In Jesus’ name, Amen.